Monday 19 October 2009

Breaking news

Breaking news is that we’ve been drawn in Group B of the new ECB40 League that will commence in 2010

The group in full is

Derbyshire
Essex
Gloucestershire
Middlesex
Netherlands
Northamptonshire
Yorkshire

I’ve got three initial thoughts.

One is – darn it, we’ve not got Scotland. Call me selfish, but I’d quite have enjoyed a local match!

A second thought is hey – we’ve got the Netherlands. That should be a good trip for some of the loyal fans and something a little different.

The third is that this is a winnable group. There’s not a team in the group that I would look at and think were miles better than us. Essex will probably start favourites on recent form, but I wouldn’t lose sleep over any of these sides.

I’m sure Northamptonshire will look forward to playing us and no doubt their idiot minority may be alive and kicking on 606 tonight, but for me that’s a decent draw.

Take another look at it too.

We’re top already…

1 comment:

  1. Peakfan,
    That's OK. At least we haven't got the select XI. I suppose we will get Yorkshire at Chesterfield. My only hope is that there are quarter-finals in this competition because if only the group winners are certain of qualifying then there will be a lot of dead matches and if our one day form does not improve we will be in a lot of them!
    P.S. For a new topic why not start a discussion on who we will get as our second overseas player for the 20/20.
    DCCCFOREVER

    ReplyDelete

Please remember to add your name. Avoid personal comment at all times. Thanks!