Wednesday 30 July 2008

Greetings from Scarborough!

Well, here I am down by the seaside in my Derbyshire cap and keeping in touch with fellow fans via an internet cafe in a Games shop looking over the bay.

Its been a great holiday and the weather excellent. When I get back I'll tell you all about my chance encounter with someone who looms large in Derbyshire cricket folklore - spooky one this!
I'll also tell you how I came to see our defeat the other night via a well-placed table in a pub/restaurant and how I outnumbered Yorkshire fans at their own ground.

Anyway, that's all for the weekend. I'll be back on Saturday evening and normal service will be resumed soon afterwards.

Not looking too good at lunch in the game at Chesterfield. My heart says we'll run through them as Langers and Waggy get the older ball to swing after lunch, my head says there may be some fearful leather-chasing ahead.

As for me, I'm off to the beach with the family. I'm sure I can hear the distant sound of the ice cream van...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember to add your name. Avoid personal comment at all times. Thanks!