Monday 6 June 2022

Northamptonshire v Derbyshire T20 preview

A quick and early blog tonight, as we are off to see not the wizard, but The Killers, at Falkirk Stadium. This is a gig postponed three times because of Covid, so we are looking forward to it!

Mickey Arthur has announced what is basically 'the fourteen', with Alex Thomson in there rather than Mikey Cohen. I expect at least one change tomorrow, but we will see how it goes, tomorrow.

No news on the home squad yet, but they have been well-served so far by Chris Lynn and Jimmy Neesham on the overseas front. Both are dangerous customers and Josh Cobb has enjoyed playing against us since his Leicestershire days.

It will be a tough game, but then there are no easy ones in this group. One has only to look at results around the country to realise that in suggestions to cull first class counties, those who many would deem strongest aren't winning all the time. There is little difference between most, even though budgets are massively different.

Anyway, I will be back tomorrow night after the game, time permitting. 

Let me know what you think in the usual manner! 

2 comments:

1. I'd bring in Dal for Connors and bat Kerr at six. I'm pretty sure MA will have put the players through their paces in preparation for this game. The group is wide open. Masood is going to score big in the T20 soon. So too will Kerr, given that explosive 98 not out he made earlier in the year for the Sydney Sixers. One of them might do it tomorrow.

Incidentally, I've been re-reading some of the interviews in your excellent book In Their Own Words, and they have reminded me how easy it is to be a keyboard coach and how hard it is to maintain fitness and consistency as a player. So many factors can influence a player's performance.

ReplyDelete
  2. Alex Hales out first ball tonight. As you said PF this year's T20 is very unpredictable.

ReplyDelete

Please remember to add your name. Avoid personal comment at all times. Thanks!