Thursday 5 June 2008

Thanks but no thanks...

That appears the message from the many people who voted in the poll that asked if you'd like to see Dominic Cork back in Derbyshire colours.
While some stories suggest he would welcome a return to the County Ground, others suggest that he may retire for a media career. Either would be possible for the 37 year old, but 75% of those who voted do not want to see him back at Derby.
As pointed out below, I promised to give my opinion and for what its worth I think we should pass on this one. For one thing there's a lot of baggage, for another his best days are behind him and for a third we don't need cast-offs any more. I've no doubt that he could still produce the occasional good spell, maybe a cameo innings. With Clarke, Smith, Wagg and Clare in the side we're not needing all-rounders and I'm not convinced he'd bring anything to the current seam strength better than is already in place. Unless his feet are in better nick than Tom Lungley's are at present...
This week it's an equally controversial one - who has been our best-ever overseas star? I've included quite a few options of the most likely candidates. Apologies to those who still (like me) think wistfully back to the powerful strokes of Chris Wilkins. Talent though he was, he couldn't be put in the class of these guys.
I REALLY look forward to seeing how this vote goes!

1 comment:

  1. What is your view? I remember you saying you would give us your opinion when the vote was done mate.

    ReplyDelete

Please remember to add your name. Avoid personal comment at all times. Thanks!