Sunday 22 June 2008

Greatest seam bowlers

We've duly appointed Les Jackson as our greatest ever seam bowler, closely followed by Michael Holding.

There were v0tes for Mike Hendrick and for a few others, but the wily, uncomplaining and hostile Les, so porly treated by England selectors over the years, gets the fans vote, followed by the universally admired and acclaimed Jamaican.

I'm in total agreement with that result, so there's nowt more to say!

This week's poll is more general - which is your preferred form of the professional game in order? I've not included the Pro-40 as it is going anyway. I always really enjoyed the old John Player League, with eight overs a bowler, 15 yard run ups and top overseas stars. Two o'clock start, which meant that you could still have your Sunday dinner before heading to the game.
I'll be getting all misty-eyed soon!

This poll will run for two weeks as I head down to Derbyshire next weekend for a break and won't have daily access to computer facilities. It will be interesting to see how the fans vote for this one and if there really is as great an interest in the shortest form as te authorities might have us believe.

I'll not start the voting as I don't wish to prejudice the poll, but regulars will suspect that 20-overs will not top my hit parade...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember to add your name. Avoid personal comment at all times. Thanks!