Tuesday 20 June 2023

Northamptonshire v Derbyshire T20 preview

I don't see any changes to the Derbyshire side for the next two games in the Vitality Blast.

Perhaps more by accident than design we have a balanced attack with three good seam bowlers and two spinners. I expect that this will be the way we will go for the rest of the competition, however long that lasts.

The introduction of Harry Came has also been beneficial. He is a genuine, bona fide opener with the ability to score quickly. As long as the opening per do not take too long to get into their stride, the stage is then set for that middle order to kick on. There is the potential for genuine runs and boundary blows down to number nine, though hopefully we don't need to utilise their batting ability too often.

Scrimshaw, Khan and Chappell have proved a potent force so far. If we can bat with the ruthless air we showed on Sunday, we can win all of our remaining games. Let's be honest, we have to.

Likely side for tomorrow:

Came, Reece, Ali, Madsen, du Plooy, Guest, McKiernan, Chappell, Thomson, Scrimshaw, Khan (Wood, Dal, Aitchison also in squad)

Northamptonshire look set to go with the following squad, barring injuries tonight at Headingley:

Willey, Vasconcelos, Gay, Heldreich, Lynn, Broad, McManus, Russell, Sanderson, Sales, Tye, Taylor, White, Zaib

While a good squad, I am hoping that a revitalised Derbyshire has enough to win this one.

Which would set up Friday night at Old Trafford rather nicely, wouldn't it?

1 comment:

1. You would hope after such a magnificent performance against Yorkshire that the team will be oozing self belief, something that seems to have been absent in some games. We have the ability to post a big score when a low one looks on the cards, we can smash sixes, and we can take wickets. It should be a great game tonight.

ReplyDelete

Please remember to add your name. Avoid personal comment at all times. Thanks!