Friday 10 June 2011

Derbyshire v Durham T20

Three games gone and for two days we can perhaps call ourselves the Binary Boys. 1 1 1...

I was out tonight and was grateful for the regular text updates (cheers mate!) which saw me find a quiet area when the last over came around. Sweaty palm time, but Steffan held his nerve and our campaign was truly up and running in the T20.

We'd made a great start by the time I went out and the pairing of Martin Guptill and Wes Durston did well. Chesney's cameo ended too quickly, but Madsen must have batted quite beautifully in the closing stages, accompanied by Garry Park, who is having a decent tournament.

There was more steady bowling from our spin trio who were all in the wickets. Tom Knight (called Tom Clarke on Cricinfo...) took another big wicket in Ian Blackwell and at the end of the night that was a terrific win.

We need to do it again on Sunday of course, but that has to go down as an excellent win.

Well done boys!

2 comments:

1. We did okay last night peakfan. Guptill and Madsen batted very well. Durston was a bit subdued for some reason. As ive said before any total around 180 should be defendable and so it proved.Just. Like you say,we need to do it again tomorrow. Thinking about going up but i,ll wait to see what the weather looks like doing.

ReplyDelete
  2. I thought Wes was quite sensible and knocked it around (looking at the scorebook) for ones while Guptill was flogging it. You rarely get two blokes tonking at the same time, but if those two ever manage it there should be fireworks!

ReplyDelete

Please remember to add your name. Avoid personal comment at all times. Thanks!