Friday 1 July 2011

Derbyshire v Nottinghamshire T20

No disgrace in that tonight, losing to a very strong side in the last over. Great effort by the batsmen after early losses, with Guptill again showing his talents and Ross Whiteley confirming what regular readers will know I´ve been saying for sometime.

Be good to see what some of those who attended thought, but I´d suggest that if we match that level of intensity against other teams in the group in the remaining games we could do pretty well and still make the play offs.

When a team contains Hales, Voges, Tamim and Patel one assumes that one of them will come off. Defeat yes, but far from downhearted.

Mind you, after a day of 90 degree temperature and cloudless skies, it would take a lot...

3 comments:

1. There might not be any disgrace in it peakfan but what have i been saying about the batting order?. Its wrong and im afraid this intransigent attitude towards change might well have cost us last nights game.

Another fifteen or twenty runs and the match would have been ours. Why didn,t we get them?. Because of this stupid insistence on batting a clearly out of form Hughes at number three and not putting a clearly in form Whiteley up the order,where he at least has the chance and more importantly,the time to do some real damage. Consistency in selection is all well and good,providing those players are justifying it. It,s not just me saying it either. Alot of those i spoke to last night say the same thing.

Ive no sympathy. It serves us right. If we are not going to make the best of our resources then we can,t complain about losing.

Aswell as chewing up nine balls over four runs, Hughes bowled a poor spell with the ball. I know it hasn,t happened very often and i,ll forgive him for that,but he has to go down the order,now,before it,s too late.

We can still qualify,but for God,s sake, lets at least give ourselves the best possible chance.

ReplyDelete
  2. Another minor point peakfan. Hughes dropped Patel early doors. We are dropping too many catches and whilst we got away with it at Leek,we paid a heavy price last night. I don,t need to quote the old saying,do i?.

ReplyDelete
  3. Some decent individual performances in the 20/20 but the problem is, as I have said from before the 20/20 started, that we are a bowler short. When Khwaja went back we should have bought in a bowler who could give it a whack. Leicestershire did this when they signed Razak and good luck to them. We'll be watching them on tv in the quarter-finals when it could have been us! A lack of ambition from the chairman I'm affraid or too much talk and no action which ever you want!

ReplyDelete

Please remember to add your name. Avoid personal comment at all times. Thanks!