Thursday 17 June 2021

Derbyshire v Northants T20

Struggling for time today, but this is a game we could win IF we pick the right personnel.

I will name only the team I would play, but have no idea what eleven will take the field. Billy Godleman didn't play for the seconds yesterday, which suggests that either he is in prime form (he isn't) or they have realised he needs a break.

My eleven:

Reece, Came, Wood, du Plooy, Critchley, Guest, Hudson-Prentice, McKiernan, Thomson, Van Beek, Scrimshaw

I understand there are a few injury niggles, so the only likely variant to that is Godleman plays and McKerr is in for Scrimshaw.

We will see. 

5 comments:

1. Just seen the squad for tonight. Billy's in and no Tom Wood. I just don't get Corky's thinking. Billy's out of form, whereas Wood has scored some runs in the T20 seconds, including a quick fifty yesterday.

ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woods injured ! Back spasm but I doubt they would have picked him anyway

Delete
  2. Mckiernen and the young fast bowlers we have must be thinking what's the point of signing for Derbyshire when they keep getting young loan signings in like Thompson. particularly when they get smashed round the park

ReplyDelete
  3. Good for the club to actually come out with an injury list at last. At least we can see why we had to get a bowler on loan.

ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes will save themselves a lot of problems

Delete

Please remember to add your name. Avoid personal comment at all times. Thanks!