Sunday 21 April 2024

Please append a name!!

There were a lot of comments after yesterday and some of them I declined to publish, because there was no name appended and they were too much of a rant - and personal, in one instance.

 I am sorry, but I am prepared to have my name and face on the blog and will be critical if I feel it is deserved, happy to do so face to face if it came to it. But I will not be personal and everyone should remember that sports people don't set out to have a bad day. Neither do you, but it happens

I always welcome comments, but I must insist on either you creating a Google account, which doesn't take long, or appending a name to your thoughts.

Please remember that these are people with families and friends and I assume people don't say such things to theirs. If you wouldn't say it to someone at the ground, please don't put it in a comment here.

If there is a need to be critical, that is fine, but please consider your words and take five, before submitting them for approval.

I will not publish a comment without a name attached. If you send without appending in error, put in a second, following it, with your name.

Thank you.


6 comments:

  1. Chesterfield Blue21 April 2024 at 15:44

    Beyond pathetic again Derbyshire for I don't know how many times of saying it. Looking like an innings defeat as I write this and quite frankly it's not acceptable

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suppose David Lloyd's dismissal sums up his position as regards this match. Flat on his back, down and very nearly out unless we hang on today and it rains all day tommorrow.Won the toss dropped a bucket load of catches and then don't apply ourselves with the bat.Im still reserving judgement untill after the Yorkshire game and the two home games in May. We've played an appalling game theirs no hiding from that.
    Steve jr

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very poor from our boys again.It's not just the batting and bowling but we can't catch the ball either!Being going on for far too long and I can't see anything but the wooden spoon even though it is still early days

    ReplyDelete
  4. What we need is a strike bowler someone who can take wickets early doors and that would take so much pressure off the team. Another Mark Foottit would do nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hang fire Derbyshire fans the Pavilion ( I've forgot his real name )
      blows into town in may he's reputed to fling it down at 90mph obviously not every ball. Theirs nothing like raw pace to give players and spectators alike a real lift. I flatly refuse unlike nearly everyone else on here to give up on a season that's barely started.Look at Wayne has he given up. ?
      Steve jr

      Delete
  5. I understand we've put a lot of our resources into the T20 but struggling against a poor team like LCCC is unacceptable. We must now be the worst team in the country and no signs of improvement

    ReplyDelete

Please remember to add your name. Avoid personal comment at all times. Thanks!