Saturday 29 September 2018

Fantasy Cricket a huge success

Thirty-six teams were in this summer's Peakfan Blog League, the biggest number ever and I hope that you all enjoyed it.

I see my role as the facilitator, not just because I came third bottom, but because I seldom have time from mid-summer onwards to do anything with it. This is evidenced by my having thirteen available player transfers remaining at summer's end, as well as twenty captaincy switches...

Still, a lot of you have the skills of the game mastered and this year's overall winner was Paul Donkersley, who edged out Clive Whitmore by just 248 points. They came 123rd and 164th nationally, which was an excellent effort.

Perennial challenger Dean Doherty was third and sixth with two teams, while Paul was also fourth with his other team. David Aust, a past winner, came in fifth.

As they do every year, The Telegraph provide medals for various categories and I have been sent them. If the winners can mail me at peakfan36@yahoo.co.uk their address details, I can get these in the post.

Those winners are:

Overall winner - Paul Donkersley
Top run scorer - Clive Whitmore
Top wicket taker - Dean Doherty

Thank you to all of you for your involvement and I hope you are all involved again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember to add your name. Avoid personal comment at all times. Thanks!