Monday 20 August 2012

As an added attraction to the end of season...

I've been approached by a company with some new software to do a live, online radio show. This will be partly to promote the blog, but also to get to know a few people, exchange thoughts and comments on the club and generally have a bit of fun.

I plan to do it once a week for the remainder of the season and, if it takes off, it could become a regular event. My plan would be to host it at 9pm one night a week and I'd be keen to find out what evening would suit you best for tuning in to listen or to contribute - or, indeed, if there is no interest!

If the season bubbles up as it looks like doing, I might even do a nightly broadcast over the last few games of the season. We'll see... full details of accessing it will be published when I've got your votes.

Please state your preference on the poll to the left and I will go with the majority. Just so you know, the time has been chosen to allow me time to get home and fed on the week I do my late shift!

5 comments:

  1. Hi, I like the idea of some DCCC-related chat. any chance you could podcast it please as I'll be in bed due to time zone differences? Stevo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello mate. Yes, it will be available to listen to as a podcast, or catchup, via the link that I will post in due course. Thanks for getting in touch! So where are you living?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous idea PF. Once again Derbyshire CCC at the cutting edge of development ..... As Anonymous has requested I like the podcast idea as well. I can't wait (but then again I guess I'll have to).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Alan - good to hear from you! Hope you will be involved and that we can catch up at Derby for the Hants game

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Peakfan, I moved to Adelaide with my family in January of this year after spending the previous 36 years of my life in Derbyshire. I'm hoping to watch a bit of Cricket down the road at the Oval this summer when the season comes around. I just checked the scoreboard after getting into work this morning and thought there must have been something wrong with my smartphone. 512 for 8, that can't be right! What a performance by Madsen and Poynton. Thanks for the reply. Stevo.

    ReplyDelete

Please remember to add your name. Avoid personal comment at all times. Thanks!