Sunday 6 March 2022

Sponsors and supporters wanted

The season is but a month away, the sun is shining and my grass is growing at a remarkable rate. Cricket is fast-approaching!

And so I come to my annual request for anyone interested in sponsoring the blog to get in touch. Please message me at peakfan36@yahoo.co.uk if you or your company would be interested in having your name as main blog sponsor, or featuring on the side panel.

If you enjoy the blog and its content as I go into my 15th season, please consider making another donation to its running costs. Some of you kindly do so on a monthly basis, others made a donation last year. All are appreciated and make creating content a less onerous task.

I get asked frequently how long I will continue. The short answer is that I don't know. When I created it, the club site was very basic, there were limited online resources and I wanted to see if there was any interest.

Its success has staggered and humbled me, bringing me into contact with a lot of lovely people. But it takes time, which is easier to justify if there is some financial compensation. It is now less than seventy thousand views short of three million, which at the usual usage should happen some time in April.

I originally thought it would be short-term, don't really see me doing it to the end of my days and the answer likely lies somewhere in between. 

So over to you. Please ask your businesses if they would like a relatively inexpensive link on the blog, suitably promoted, or consider one, if you have your own. Those who have done so found it very effective and worthwhile, over the years. Price available on enquiry to my email or by DM to my Twitter account, @Peakfanblog

All donations are appreciated, with a draw from those involved at the end of the month for the quite excellent 'Who Only Cricket Know' by David Woodhouse, a quite wonderful account of the extraordinary tour of the West Indies by Len Hutton's team in 1953-54, the most controversial after Bodyline. My review of this outstanding read is coming shortly.

Thank you to all of you. 

Remember - coming soon, my interview with Mickey Arthur!

2 comments:

  1. Peakfan,

    Thanks as always for the excellent blog - quite simply the best place out there for my Derbyshire fix. A little selfishly I hope it continues for many a year.

    I have a good feeling about the coming campaign so looking forward to the regular huddle with my like minded friends

    Thanks again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Silenius. I appreciate your kind words and subsequent donation!

      Delete

Please remember to add your name. Avoid personal comment at all times. Thanks!