Saturday 15 September 2012

Home again

So, how was it for you?

Today I drove back up north and pondered how many Derbyshire fans would be dosing up on aspirin, paracetamol and ibuprofen. Quite a few I would guess, but I'd also suggest that few regretted their excess this morning, as yesterday was quite special.

More on that tomorrow, as I'm a little tired tonight after a much longer than usual drive home. Various accidents and breakdowns caused tailbacks and I was over six hours getting back to my family. To be honest, I didn't worry unduly as, like most Derbyshire fans, I'm still buzzing from yesterday.

Indeed, this cricket break of mine just keeps on giving. On the way home I got a tweet from the club with details of next year's CB40 groups.

We've got Scotland. Peakfan's got a home match!!!

It may well be in Edinburgh, but I somewhat selfishly will now hope for Uddingston, which is all of ten minutes from our house. They used the nice ground there for a few games this summer, so there's a chance, but quite honestly they could play it anywhere and I'll be there. I doubt it will be Aberdeen, so its unlikely to be too far and I am seriously thrilled at the news. More on that in due course, but can this weekend get better?

Derbyshire promoted as champions, I was there for all four days and we've got Scotland next summer. Lancashire are coming down, and I'm playing cricket tomorrow, captaining my old work team against my club in an annual challenge. At this rate I'll be going into work on Monday to be told I've been promoted in my absence. I only need to hear that Nottinghamshire have been relegated for maladministration and that we're playing Yorkshire at Scarborough and my week will be complete...

Thanks to all of you who mailed me in recent days and apologies if I've not yet replied, as I've simply not had time. I will do so when things return to normality this week and as always I appreciate you getting in touch.

I'm pleased that Hampshire beat Warwickshire today, as I will always support the underdog in a match between neutrals. They have some good players and we did very well to defeat them in that epic game last week. If anyone recorded the highlights of the last day and is able to put it on DVD I'd love to hear from you.

Finally tonight I have been asked to talk about Derbyshire's season and last week's game on BBC Radio Derby on Monday morning. It should be around 7.10am, though you can always pick it up on i-player if you are interested.

Until tomorrow...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember to add your name. Avoid personal comment at all times. Thanks!