Tuesday 30 August 2011

No blog tomorrow

Just to let you know that I will be unable to blog tomorrow as, weather permitting, the match that everyone has been waiting for takes place north of the border - my cricket club versus my old employers at the Scottish Parliament.

It is hard to explain the frenzied, IPL-style bidding that took place in order to win my services for the game. A succession of sealed votes were exchanged which saw the Parliament side trump my club's offer of a biscuit and cup of tea with an unbelievable counter offer of a cappucino AND a muffin next time I'm through. Chris Gayle eat your heart out...

To be fair, the club have 20-odd guys (different from twenty odd guys...) to choose from, whereas my team tomorrow has eleven. Well, ten actually, since two of the original twelve now have work commitments.

I bet Karl Krikken has never had anyone phone him and say they can't play as they have a briefing paper to write. Even more unlikely that match preparation at Derbyshire consisted of two lunchtimes hitting a rubber ball around the local park.

If anyone from the club can make it up to Scotland in time for six o'clock tomorrow evening there's a place in the side waiting for them. I live in hope...

1 comment:

  1. A good poll peakfan but you neglected to ask if we need a new captain? With Luke Sutton at the end of his career now then I think that we need a new captain sooner rather than later.
    Ben

    ReplyDelete

Please remember to add your name. Avoid personal comment at all times. Thanks!