Thursday 21 March 2019

Five days to go...

Cricket is back!

In five days time, Derbyshire's players will step out onto the green sward once again, for a pre season friendly.

It may well be that the team selection gives a pointer for that in the season opener against Gloucestershire the following week.

It will be fascinating to see the chosen  lineup and at this stage I find it impossible to try to predict this.

I do hope that the club choose to try out their excellent streaming service on this match, which would be greatly appreciated my many, not just me.

A week after hand surgery I am fast running out of books and there is only so much Netflix that anyone can watch. Daytime TV is not really an option, so an opportunity to see our favourites would be welcome.

I have been really impressed by the positive noises coming from the club and new bowling coach Steve Kirby stands out in this regard.

Time will tell if this is justified, but he has stressed the togetherness of the squad and the progress made over the winter by individuals within it.

It is very heartening.

In other news, I now have 5 copies of 'In Their Own Words' left at the bargain pre-season price of £8, including postage.

After that it will be book shop and Amazon prices from places that have stock.

I will be unable to sign or inscribe these, as I am several weeks away from writing, but if you would like to buy or reserve one, please get in touch as soon as possible.

Coming up soon on the blog: my season preview and news of blog sponsors for the year ahead.

See you all soon!

1 comment:

  1. Netflix.

    I take it you've already watched the series on the Mumbai Indians?

    Whatever your feelings on the IPL I thought it was a fascinating expose of what happens when it all goes wrong for a sporting team.


    The danger is that (after Sunderland as well) teams will now begin to believe there is some kind of Netflix curse and not sign up for fly on the wall documentaries.

    ReplyDelete

Please remember to add your name. Avoid personal comment at all times. Thanks!