Saturday 9 March 2019

Final piece of the jigsaw?

With the addition of Kane Richardson to our ranks for the summer's cricket, Derbyshire's on-field jigsaw would appear to be complete.

We have two death bowlers from the southern hemisphere and their talent will be crucial to the T20 fortunes, with Logan van Beek, at least, likely to add lower order power to the batting too. I don't wish to devalue Richardson, but his batting is of a less orthodox manner. His fielding, however, will be a huge asset  and he has a reputation for brilliance around the field.

My pre-season preview will tell you what I think of our potential, and that will come along in a couple of weeks time.

This will be my last post for a week, though I have a pre-prepared one ready to go shortly. Monday sees my long-awaited surgery on my left hand, and I suspect I will have plenty to keep me busy for the next couple of weeks, while my arm is in plaster...

Please do let me know your thoughts on the new arrival, and if anyone wants to do a guest column on their thoughts for the season, now just a couple of weeks away, please send them to me at peakfan36@yahoo.co.uk. The more the merrier, and opinions will be interesting.

As for copies of my book, if you are looking for a signed copy, please drop me a line to the above email address over the weekend, as writing will be impossible for the next few weeks.

There are now seven copies left, after which they will still be available from book shops at around £14-15, but not at the special Peakfan pre-season promo price (how's that for alliteration!) of £8, including postage.

I will be running the Peakfan Blog Fantasy Cricket League once more and details will appear here when I can get a willing family scribe to set up the link!

Until the next time, go well!


1 comment:

  1. Dear Peakfan, Firstly, I hope all went well with your operation and you are already making a speedy recovery. Just to add to the comments on the T20 signings and whether that is the final piece of the jigsaw. For me, to progress to Finals Day we still need to add another big hitting batsman to the team. If Logan van Beek and Kane Richardson could be joined by another signing to play in the top 6 then I think we could really build on the success of previous seasons. At the moment we look a bit light up front, although hopefully we will see more of Luis Reece this season. I would really like to see Calum MacLeod return, or what about somebody like Kevin O'Brien?? Just a suggestion! On a separate note, I wish everybody an enjoyable county season for 2019. Make the most of it before the new 100 circus takes over! All the best, James

    ReplyDelete

Please remember to add your name. Avoid personal comment at all times. Thanks!