Thursday 26 May 2016

Book talk - any interest in the High Peak?

As you will know, I have my second book, a history of the club since the last war, told by some of its main characters of that period, due out on June 1.

In Their Own Words: Derbyshire Cricketers in Conversation features interviews with post-war Derbyshire cricket legends and is published by Pitch Publishing and priced £16.99. It is available from all good book shops, online and from me if you prefer.

I will be down in Derbyshire for what is looking like a full week of promotional work between 11 and 16 July and have an event lined up in Elvaston, on Friday 15th, as well as one in Chesterfield on Monday 11th - details will be announced shortly.

As my Wednesday plans revolve around seeing the T20 game against Lancashire at the 3aaa County Ground, I'd be more than happy to do an event on either Tuesday 12 or Thursday 14, as long as someone has a venue and the likelihood of a crowd.

The High Peak would be great, but if there's anyone out there with any ideas, and you are far enough from Chesterfield and Elvaston not to affect their attendance, do please get in touch at the usual email address - you can find it down the left hand bar of the site.

Alternatively, get me on Twitter, @Peakfanblog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember to add your name. Avoid personal comment at all times. Thanks!