Friday 9 July 2010

Lancashire v Derbyshire T20

I watched the Roses match last night on Sky and was left with the impression that both sides are beatable.

We play Yorkshire in the final game at Derby, but tomorrow's game at Old Trafford is massive. If we can steal a win there and complete the double over the Red Rose county we will be clear in fourth place, with games against Northamptonshire and Durham to come before we entertain Yorkshire.

Key to the game is going to be the spinners. Lancashire played three last night and they contained well, suggesting that Peterson, Smith and Durston will be crucial for us. Mind you, if Tim Groenewald or Charl Langeveldt can remove Moore and Horton at the top of the order, it would make our lives considerably easier.

For John Morris there is a decision over whether to play Wayne Madsen, who is in good form, or Chesney Hughes instead of the injured John Sadler, who has a broken finger sustained in the Second XI. Hughes' dynamism may swing it for him, although he has been a little out of form recently. There was plenty of turn in the track last night and we could really do with one of those Bosman/Durston special starts that lit up the start of the campaign.

I'd see Derbyshire's side as follows:

Bosman
Durston
Smith
Park
Hughes
Clare
Peterson
Goddard
Jones
Groenewald
Langeveldt

Defeat wouldn't be the end of our world, but winning would make the quarter finals a good possibility. It's been a much better campaign than in previous years and I just hope the lads hold their nerve in these next few games when it matters.

No news of the Lancashire side at this stage, but it will be similar to last night and we have already shown that they can be beaten.

Let's do it boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember to add your name. Avoid personal comment at all times. Thanks!