Tuesday 6 July 2010

Aussie selection

There's considerable conjecture about the team to play the Aussies on Thursday and Friday, but the thinking money is on lunch being Farley's Rusks...

While I would expect Derbyshire to field a strong batting line up, the bowling options are thin. With Jones, Groenewald and Peterson rested (and quite possibly wrapped in cotton wool), the attack will be a mixture of youngsters as there is no one else. One assumes the skipper will want a crack at his fellow countrymen but I couldn't begin to guess the rest of the side. I think that we'll see Clare as a batsman and possibly Redfern and Borrington, but as for the rest, I look forward to the team announcement with great interest. Needham is likely to play, as might Ross Whiteley, but I'm not holding my breath on an a win...

The good news is that the crowds are out in force and that can only be a good thing. A good display, even in defeat, will be heartening for all of us.

2 comments:

  1. as the game is a slightly earlier start do you know if there are any changes in the session times? thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd reckon they'll move forward half an hour, so lunch will be at 12.30, but I've seen nothing anywhere to confirm the times I'm afraid.
    Given its friendly status they can pretty much do what they wish...

    ReplyDelete

Please remember to add your name. Avoid personal comment at all times. Thanks!