Wednesday 2 June 2010

Leicestershire v Derbyshire T20

Fair play to Loots Bosman, who was straight off a plane and into the team for tonight's game, but my hopes of a blistering start were to naught when the first pair put on 26 in nearly seven overs. By that stage you need at least fifty and ideally nearer 60-70 and I suspect that this will cost us the match tonight.

You can't blame Bosman in his first knock on English soil he did quite well afterwards, but we simply have to get a start in these games.

Smith and Peterson also did well, but at 117-3 in 16 I suspect we're going to make around 140-145, below par in my book.

We'll see.

UPDATE

165-5 in 20 is better than I expected and is defendable IF we bowl well. 48 off the last four overs from Durston and Rogers.

If we'd scored another 20 from those early overs I'd have really fancied it.

If we'd Langeveldt to bowl I'd be off down the bookies...

UPDATE

51-3 off 6. McDonald's wicket may well be key, though with Nixon and Taylor still to come, Leicestershire bat long. Two good overs from Steff, I just wish Tom could bowl consistently. Leicestershire are at least up with the rate and much will lie on whether our spinners can pull them back

UPDATE

Ding dang do! 154-8 and a win by 11 runs! Fantastic bowling by Steff at the death - four overs 3-20 when you bowl at the start and finish is outstanding. Good bowling by the spinners too - nice to see Durston bowling steadily to add to his cameo knock. Only Tom Lungley got a little stick and maybe he'll come back at Yorkshire tomorrow.

I said last week that a win from one of the first two games pre-Langeveldt would set us up nicely. That's nice for starters...

Finally tonight, shortly after Eurovision, nul points to Tom New on Radio Leicester. My Dad listened to it as he wasn't too impressed by Radio Derby's version (which did seem a little lacking in the basics, such as how many balls had gone in an over and how many wickets had gone down.)

"Do they have any English players at Derby?" said New, the obvious retort being "yes we do, but you weren't deemed good enough to be one of them..."

Such nigh-xenophobic idiocy really annoys me and New did himself few favours with it. For the record, we had five English-born players in the side to Leicestershire's seven, hardly a world of difference.

Ours were just better...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember to add your name. Avoid personal comment at all times. Thanks!