Monday 2 November 2009

Monday musings

There's not a lot happening in the world of county cricket at present, but I thought I'd dash off a few lines tonight as I'm unlikely to have the chance tomorrow.

My son and I are off to a rock gig together (The Orchestra, a spin off of ELO) and we'll not be back till later. So unless I get back tomorrow to find we've signed Jacques Kallis or Ricky Ponting, I'll not have chance to do much.

Around the counties, Yorkshire are looking for the soundtrack to their 2010 season, so there'll be plenty of Grateful Dead and Bad Company no doubt (tee hee..!)

Meanwhile, Middlesex are close to signing two experienced seam bowlers, with the thinking money being that one of them is ex-Matlock and Leicestershire professional Ian O'Brien. He had a decent year with the Foxes, but they've gone for Aussie Andrew McDonald for next season and O'Brien would be a shrewd signing.

The Hong Kong Sixes saw South Africa beat the hosts in the final by hitting a six on the last ball. England therefore failed to defend their trophy and it is to be hoped that the national side do better in South Africa in the coming months. As I've written before, I think they are emerging as the team to beat, with plenty of good batsmen and bowlers and England will do well to return with their reputations intact.

That's pretty much it. Still no news of anything at the County Ground but it will all happen in its own time.

Time to go. My Sweet Talking Woman has just brought me a coffee and some home made cake. Tomorrow I'll be listening to Mr Blue Sky and imagining them over the County Ground next season.

See you soon.

2 comments:

  1. Peakfan,
    I have seen another website where it was proposed that we sign McGrath or Taylor from Yorkshire.
    McGrath definately YES but Taylor definately NO.
    By the way has McGrath been stripped of the capataincy at Yorkshire?
    DCCCFOREVER

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its hypothetical mate, because Taylor pretty much burnt his bridges on leaving Derby and McGrath is under contract and still skipper at Yorkshire as things stand. I also saw someone suggest Andrew Harris...

    ReplyDelete

Please remember to add your name. Avoid personal comment at all times. Thanks!