Gloucestershire, 237 and 148-3 (Phillips 64, Hammond 44*, Bashir 2-58
Derbyshire 278 (Montgomery 65, Morley 41, Price 6-41)
Gloucestershire lead by 107 runs
Full marks to Jack Morley, who showed that at least one of Derbyshire's spinners can bat, while I will also excuse Wayne Madsen, who got an horrific decision from Paul Pollard. But the rest of the batters will be disappointed at getting out to shots that suggested inexperience, or naivety in playing spin.
What should have been a three figure lead became only 41 and Gloucestershire had a lead of 102 by the close, after positive batting by Phillips and Hammond
I don't think Derbyshire will be comfortable chasing much more than 150-180 tomorrow and the first session will dictate the result of the game.
That's all from me tonight, we will see how it goes tomorrow. But Derbyshire's struggles can be clearly seen when they cannot dictate terms against a side so far adrift at the bottom of the table.
Morning Steve. My overall feeling is that this was entirely expected after a season of real disappointment and that no amount of positive, confident talk can cover it any longer.
ReplyDeleteCongrat's to Nye though. Great to see another DCCC player in an England squad.
Andy
The collapse came a day later! 8 wickets for 74 runs including 5 wickets for 19 runs at the end.
ReplyDeleteDerbyshire love a collapse. I can't see Derbyshire winning this now, another case of throwing away winning positions. If Gloucestershire win this it shows how poor Derbyshire are to lose twice, their only wins, to a team who have lost all their other 9 games and are well adrift at the bottom.
Michael
I think we are a medium pacer short in this match wheres Louis Reece when you need him!Puts pressure on the opening bowlers to come good.Wayns form is a worry but even though we expect Derbyshire to mess up in sport you never know!Topspinner
ReplyDeleteIf Derbyshire contrive to lose this match, the committee might be contacting the Pakistan Cricket Board for their advice.
ReplyDeleteThis match is turning into an embarrassment. If Ryan Duckett can't see that MA is destroying Derbyshire he should quit.
ReplyDeleteMichael
Mikey ought to write a book entitled “Mikey’s cricketing excuses “
ReplyDeleteMalbar I have been a supporter even longer than Steve ! We have had some bad times in the past notably pre Barlow but I have never felt as depressed as I do now ! We have on paper good players but not enough perform together..I am thinking of not renewing my membership next season o
ReplyDelete