Realistically, if Mickey Arthur again intends to go with two spinners, he will go with his two senior men. Of course, the challenge is that neither of the options offers anything with the bat and in current form the tail looks long, neither Potts nor Aitchison yet really a reliable number eight.
So the likely side is:
Came, Andersson, Guest, Madsen, Dal, Whiteley, Bin Naeem, Potts, Aitchison, Bashir, Morley/Haydon
Worcestershire have only lost Adam Hose to the other competition so will present a stern test for a Derbyshire side not in the best of white ball form.
Their squad:
Libby, Waite, Singh, Swanepoel, Roderick, Edavalath, Taylor, Cullen, d'Oliveira, Lategan, Mohammed, Ali, Darley, Allison
They could be a decent bet for this competition, being largely unchanged. I would love to be proved wrong, but I'm not hopeful of Derbyshire returning from this game with a win.
Hopefully I come on here tomorrow night and have been proved wrong, but I look forward to your thoughts as always!
I will miss the start of tomorrow's game for walking cricket, but will catch up with the stream on my return...
You would hope Hayden would play tomorrow. Worcestershire is never normally a spinners wicket . I like you hold no hope of us winning. After not watching a single t20 game I was quite surprised watching the Durham match how lethargic and unfit some of the team looked. Also the bowling changes looked clueless and as everyone knows we are more prone then most sides to batting collapses. Apart from that we looked great though
ReplyDeleteIs Reece not fit? We just seem to be a batter light. If he is unavailable I would play Basra or Wagstaff instead of one of the spinners. Grant from Telford
ReplyDeleteMissing on compassionate grounds mate. Presumably his youngster. And Basra has a broken thumb. Could easily play Wagstaff and have a (lesser) spinner who bats..
DeleteI didn’t realise re Reece and Basra, thanks for the update. I think Wagstaff coming in at 8 would give more balance to the team. Grant from Telford
DeleteSteve , I noticed you said the other day that Jewell was contracted to play in the T20 and therefore not in the MB Cup. Does it have to be a choice between the two? He batted very well in the Middlesex MB Cup match last season. Just wondering
DeleteChapel Guy.
Must play Haydon for one spinner. I would be tempted to play Wagstaff instead of Dal, but Dal tends to play well against Worcester so I would probably keep him in for this one. Sorry to say, but a positive result would be a major surprise.
ReplyDeleteMarkB
I think also the last few weeks have showed how much Reece has carried the rest of the team( along with marsden) in the last few seasons
ReplyDeleteI watched Notts beat Warwickshire today, and I was impressed by how the Notts batsmen went about the business. They were calm, always in control, never let the run rate get beyond them, and three of them hit 50s. We can learn from this.
ReplyDeleteDownthewicket
I would go:
ReplyDeleteCame
Andersson
Guest
Madsen
Bin Naim
Whiteley
Dal
Wagstaff
Aitchison
Bashir
Haydon
Grant from Telford
We've just lost 5 wickets in the time it took to heat a carton of frozen soup. Dave.
ReplyDelete8 wickets for 28 runs! Totally unacceptable.
ReplyDeleteMichael
If Mickey Arthur had an ounce of integrity he would resign today.
ReplyDeleteMichael
Sorry to say some of the old guard are well past there sell by date. Wayne looks finished in one day cricket to me. Whiteley definitely lost the skills we need and Dal gone backwards. Controversially I dont think Came or Guest are anything but 4 day players myself Only Anderson is showing anything with the bat and Aitchison head and shoulders above the rest of the bowling get automatically on the teamsheet. The batting collapse here was totally embarrassing.
ReplyDeleteJohn life member
The truth of the matter is that of the team put out today, only 2, possibly 3; would get first team contracts at any other first class county. Andersson, Aitchison & Came being the possible. Whiteley may get a T20 gig. That is how weak our squad has become. With such a team you cannot expect to get many positive results.Add to that what seemed like a lack of desire by many & you get the innings we have just seen.
ReplyDeleteMarkB
Disgraceful. I'm so glad the HOC got two more years at the helm. Of course he's not going to resign he's only halfway through his protect. What an utter shambles
ReplyDeleteThe club sadly become an embarrassment. Never going to be a leading light I know but minor league standard is a disgrace.
ReplyDeleteAitchison and Hayden are as good a pair of bowlers who have played for Derbyshire for years I got banned elsewhere for suggesting that it was time the club shook hands with Wayne Madsen and moved on IMO Derbyshire’s biggest problem is Mikey Arthur the sooner the club parts company with him the better
ReplyDeleteAt least we showed a bit of fight when Worcester batted but you aren't gonna win many matches with 130 odd on the board Take Andersson Aitchison and Guest out of that team and we've got nothing.Wayne is struggling with the shorter format maybe he should just focus on 4 day cricket.Topspinner
ReplyDelete