Friday 25 November 2022

Arthur closing in on overseas target...

I would like to thank Gareth for sending me a link to a piece in the cricketer which suggests that Mickey Arthur is close to the second overseas signing for 2023.

You can see the article here, but the interesting section is:

"I could pull the trigger on a guy tomorrow I've just got to see how it ties in with budgets," Arthur, the former South Africa, Australia, Pakistan and Sri Lanka head coach, told The Cricketer.

"There is potentially another guy we've got in the loop. We are looking to see how that pans out before I commit totally to this player."

"There are a host of them that want to come here. I've got my eye on one young batter that would be very good for us."

I like the idea of a young batter. Someone with a reputation to make, hopefully available for the full season and with the ability to score heavily across the formats.

It all suggests that we should have some one in place before Christmas and that we can all go into our festive period excited at what the future holds.

I don't know about you, but I can't wait to find out who it is!

6 comments:

  1. This is exciting news, Steve. I hope we sign someone who is aggressive at the crease and can dominate an innings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'There are a host of them that want to come here'. How things change over less than 2 years?

    Interesting times ahead

    Andy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it could be Janneman Malan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just a guess really. He was supposed to go to Leicestershire in 2020 before Covid scuppered the deal. Just feel he'd fit the brief in terms of what we need, would fit Arthur's description and he may feel like he would still like to give it a go over here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think as a player it would be a good finishing school for him. He recently got a central contract for the next year in the national side. Powerful bat, decent option for sure.

      But there are a few out there who would fit requirements and could potentially offer good runs in the top order.

      Masood is a hard act to follow, whoever it is..

      Delete

Please remember to add your name. Avoid personal comment at all times. Thanks!