Although the returns were perhaps not quite as he would have hoped, there was plenty of promise in the innings that he played this summer. Sometimes it is a case of looking beyond the runs scored and more at the way in which they are made.
I don't think the player nor the coach probably see his future at the top of the order, but an opportunity arose and he has given it a good shot. Some of the strokes that he has played suggested a player well worthy of perseverance and he now has the chance to cement his place on the staff for the next few years.
He seems to have been around for a long time, but he's only just out of his teens.
I think there's a good player in there and I look forward to seeing his progress over the next couple of years - and hopefully beyond.
Yes, good news. I think it's looking doubtful that Mitch Wagstaffe will offered a new contract. He's been at the club quite a long time but never been given a proper chance. You would have thought he would have been given a run, i.e. more than 1 or 2 games, in the One Day Cup especially with his leg spin option.
ReplyDeleteMichael