Friday 15 March 2024

Weekend warmer

Well, that was a busy couple of days! I made a few updates to the blog and moved a few things around, then in changing the colour scheme succeeded in totally messing up the format. 

After trying a few options, I am quite happy with the more vibrant blue we now have and hopefully it meets with your approval too! 

The 'donate' button is now amended so it doesn't look as though I'm seeking sponsorship for the blog through that. It isn't compulsory, but any donations, no matter how small, throughout the season are much appreciated.

I managed to get it all sorted this afternoon, just in time to watch a Mohammad Amir masterclass of bowling for Quetta. Sadly, a fragile batting lineup never looked likely to challenge the total set and despite our new strike bowler's excellent 2-20 in his four overs, he was trumped by the excellent Imad Wasim, who had figures of 3 for 12 in his four-over allocation to rip the Quetta batting asunder.

The Derbyshire players are getting put through their paces at the pre-season training camp. I hope that they are enjoying the sun on their backs, because the forecast between now and the end of the month is pretty awful. I would be surprised if there were many grounds fit for cricket before mid-April, even if I am basing that assertion on our own grass, which is something akin to walking on jelly at the moment.

Finally tonight, I realised in getting my laptop out of storage (I usually blog on my phone, but changing layouts is easier on the bigger screen) that the blog is fast closing in on four million views. Thank you so much to everyone who checks in on a regular basis, I really do appreciate your support.

Have a lovely weekend. I look forward to catching up with everyone in the very near future!

2 comments:

  1. More torrential rain and flooding in Derby this morning with the season only a couple of weeks away it has to be a concern

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the blue is much better than the red, I'm finding it easier to read. Looking forward to the season. Facet

    ReplyDelete

Please remember to add your name. Avoid personal comment at all times. Thanks!