Monday 7 October 2019

Fantasy League winners look familiar

This year's Peakfan Blog Fantasy Cricket League winners roll has a familiar look.

With the inevitability of a Madsen cover drive going for four, David Aust came top again, beating runner up Marc Perni by six hundred points. Marc also came third with his other team, which represents a fine summer's work by him.

Sadly, there is nothing in fantasy cricket for runners up, because David Aust gets the medal for first place. However, Clive Whitmore won the runs league, while Marc won the wickets equivalent.

If all three gentlemen can get in touch in the next week or so with their addresses, I will get their medals in the post to them. As always, you can get me at peakfan36@yahoo.co.uk

As for yours truly, I am quite happy with mid-table respectability, or mediocrity if you will. Considering I never changed my side after the commencement of the Vitality Blast, I did pretty well really and never came close to using all my substitutes.

What I did do was pick Wayne Madsen and Luis Reece, each of who rewarded me with fine seasons. So too Dane Vilas at Lancashire, but I should have replaced out of form and injured players.

Maybe next season I will do better, but in all likelihood I won't. The advent of summer holidays normally spells the end of my close monitoring of the league and my team.

But it is fun and this year's 33 teams was a new record. Thank you to all of those who took part and I hope you enjoyed it.

See you next Spring, all being well!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for running the league again Steve and for another interesting summer of blogs. Have a good winter and keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your great blogs Steve. All the best over the winter.

    ReplyDelete

Please remember to add your name. Avoid personal comment at all times. Thanks!