Saturday 30 April 2016

Final call for Edwin Smith book

I had the pleasure of an afternoon with Edwin Smith and his delightful wife, Jean this week. It was good to catch up with a true legend of Derbyshire county cricket and to see him in such rude health.

On my next visit, I will realise an ambition and play snooker against him. Maybe I should re-phrase that...I will be beaten by Edwin at snooker. He still plays to a very high standard and while I know I won't face him on a cricket field, this is a pretty good plan B, as far as I am concerned!

He told me that he has four signed copies of his biography still available and if anyone is interested in buying one of these, please drop me an email and I will put you in touch with him.

The Association of Cricket Statisticians and Historians has a single figure quantity left of a final print run and these can be obtained by calling 01323 460174. Copies cost £14 plus post and packing, whether from Edwin or the society.

There is just over a month to until the launch of my second book, 'In Their Own Words: Derbyshire Cricket in Conversation'. This will be published on June 1 by Pitch Publishing and will be available in hard back and ebook.

More on that in due course!

1 comment:

  1. good luck with the new book Peakfan. I'll certainly be after a signed copy, having enjoyed the Edwin Smith book immensely - its great that you are providing these insights into previous aspects of the Club and the players involved. I'm sure many will agree that you have provided a super extra dimension to our support of DCCC through the blog and also the books.

    ReplyDelete

Please remember to add your name. Avoid personal comment at all times. Thanks!