Tuesday 26 March 2013

Season Preview on Cricinfo

It's been a funny sort of day today.

I spent part of my morning ensuring that my work's cricket team has the right gear ordered for their forays in the coming summer, then confirmed a couple of fixtures for my old workplace with a good friend through there.

Later this afternoon it was time to arrange some outdoor nets for late April, before our first game, then be struck by the realisation that in early May I will be turning out for both sides, plus my club in the space of seven days. This may, of course, turn out to be the biggest sporting mistake of my life, especially if my body makes it to the third game. Mind you, the chances of three dry days in seven at that stage of the year in Scotland are only marginally better than my chances of opening for Derbyshire in this year's T20.

I then went on to ebay and picked up a new cricket slip over for only a fiver, which struck me as a mighty fine bargain. If things don't warm up I might need to buy another five in increasingly large sizes, discarding one after another to bowl like a sporting Russian doll, until at last my toned physique is finally revealed to the world. In my dreams, perhaps....

To complete a busy day (I did some work in between times, honestly...) I heard that my season preview has gone up on Cricinfo. You can see it via the link below:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/blogs/content/current/story/626909.html#ciHomeLogoholder

I hope you enjoy it - I'll be back with more observations tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember to add your name. Avoid personal comment at all times. Thanks!