Friday 1 March 2013

A proud day..

Earlier this week I mentioned that I had some exciting news about the blog before the end of the week. As Rod Stewart once said, tonight's the night...

First up, my sincere thanks go to Office Care in committing to being official sponsors of the Peakfan blog. Their generous support has enabled me to drop the Google Ads that some found a distraction and I am delighted to acknowledge my thanks to them.

As one of the East Midlands premier office cleaning companies, they have been generous sponsors of both Derby County Football Club and Derbyshire County Cricket Club among numerous others and I am both delighted and flattered to have their support as the blog comes to the end of its fifth year on the web.

Special thanks go to director Martin Booth, as well as to designer Jade Mosinski at Silver Birch Creative, who will be putting the finishing touches to the new blog header next week.

Completing a memorable day, the blog was nominated by an unknown reader for the prestigious Sportskeeda Blogger Awards in the 'Best Domestic Blog' category. The Sportskeeda site features 'the best of international sports writing' and receives in the region of three million hits per month - that's something to aspire to!

I've now heard that this blog has won the award, the news of which leaves me incredibly surprised, humble and very, very grateful. A sincere thank you for whoever it was nominated the site, as well as to all those who voted for it in the awards.

For those who like to read such things, the full details of the nominations are here while the results can be seen here

The blog started out as a bit of fun, where I wasn't sure if anyone would be interested in reading what I had to say but kept my fingers crossed. It remains fun, or I wouldn't do it, but readership has been recorded in 29 countries at the last count, showing the level of interest in Derbyshire cricket around the globe.

Thank you to all of you for checking in on a regular basis.

Here's to the next five years and continued progress for Derbyshire CCC!


7 comments:

  1. Well done. It,s a reward for hard work. Keeping a blog going is not always easy and I,m pleased you,ve gained some recognition. Long may it reign.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Marc, I appreciate that mate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said Marc. It must be tricky keeping it going all year round when the domestic season is relatively short. Like the way you have managed the 'comments' section to maintain a mature debate. I have lost count of the number footy blogs I have stopped reading because of the puerile 'banter' that follows a posting. Well done Peakfan.

    Craig

    ReplyDelete
  4. well done Peakfan - as i've said before, the blog is excellent imo and lets keep it that way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done! More power to your elbow, as they say.
    Always a thought-provoking read.

    ChrisH

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Peakfan, thoroughly deserved.



    Natwest81

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks very much guys, appreciate your kind words and loyal support!

    ReplyDelete

Please remember to add your name. Avoid personal comment at all times. Thanks!