Sunday 12 September 2010

Glamorgan v Derbyshire

There are two landmarks up for grabs among Derbyshire players tomorrow when we commence our final game of the season against Glamorgan.

Wayne Madsen needs 60 runs to reach his 1,000 for the season, while Robin Peterson requires one wicket to reach fifty in the Championship in what will almost certainly be his last match for the county. The latter has done very well, although his wicket-taking prowess has diminished since the T20, whether through tiredness, niggling injury or bowling too quickly.

One thing that is almost guaranteed is a result. Like Gloucestershire at Bristol, the Welsh side need a result so will hope to win the toss, pile up a score and then bowl us out on a likely turning track.

No news on the Derbyshire side yet, but I'd expect to see both Peterson and Jake Needham in the attack and would assume Glamorgan will go with Cosker, Croft and Dalrymple. I'd also assume that Tom Poynton will keep wicket, having opted for Luke Sutton long term ahead of Steve Adshead.

More from me tomorrow, but for now I'm off to a 60th birthday party.

No, not my own...

I just hope that we put up a good fight and give the supporters a nice glow to take into the winter

4 comments:

  1. 60 already? Happy Birthday mate

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...and me so youthful looking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You dont look a day over 60, do you still have that space invaders tee-shirt, remember teeshirts like that are only worn by young people not 60 year olds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL re T shirt...I remember space invaders as a new idea in entertainment, so can rightly claim "I was there" and the right to wear the shirt that goes with it!

    ReplyDelete

Please remember to add your name. Avoid personal comment at all times. Thanks!