Monday 8 December 2008

Hello, again, hello...

Neil Diamond fans might recognise that line and its pretty apposite as I'm at last back in the land of internet full functionality with the replacement of my laptop by Acer.

Thank goodness for warranties, that's what I say. Had I not been covered, the repairs would have cost a few hundred pounds, especially when it turned out that the motherboard was the problem. Anyway, they've now given me a terrific new model (thanks guys) and I'm back with you all.

To be fair, I've not missed much. The club site has the news of three players and partners at the opening of a beauty salon (!) and a few winter talks by players and visiting celebrities.

The fixtures should be out soon and we can see who we'll be playing - or should that be thrashing - in the coming summer.

I've had a few e mails, which have been replied to by the family Wii console. Its a superb piece of kit but not much fun for typing letter by letter. Anyway, there's little news of new players at present and we all await a "big" signing. Whether that is for the season, or for someone to replace Chris Rogers for the 20/20 I don't know.

Someone on 606 suggests that Mike Hendrick has left Derbyshire, though how much truth there is in that rumour is anyone's guess. Its only been aired there and may well just be a typical story that does the rounds. We're used to them at Derby.

Thanks to Matt of Littleover for the link to a cracking article on Charl Langeveldt that appeared recently in the Saffer press. It is well worth a look and I link to it below. Thanks for that one Matt! Anyone else who comes across something that may be of interest to fans, please let me know and I'll broadcast it here and of course, credit the person concerned.

Rumours also suggest (thanks Tim) that Stuart Law is seeking 180K a year for next season. Again, you pay your money you takes your choice on the truth in this one, but I'm also looking for that sort of money and, like Stuart, am unlikely to get it. He has been a great player but his last season suggests the talent is on the wane and that's outside our compass. With Lance Klusener supposedly set for Glamorgan, there's no sign of the name player as yet.

Until the next time - sooner, rather than later!

Langeveldt article:

http://www.int.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=6&click_id=17&art_id=vn20081121070618762C603045

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back, although it must be difficult to find subject matter during the off-season i have always enjoyed your musings very much.

    Keep on blogging, hope to see you at paradise next season.

    Cheers

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I thought it was only me that called it paradise!!

    ReplyDelete

Please remember to add your name. Avoid personal comment at all times. Thanks!