Friday 23 February 2024

Tickner signs on for overseas role

So now we know the identity of our second overseas star  for 2024 -  experienced New Zealand international Blair Tickner

On the face of it an interesting and solid signing and I will give my thoughts a little later, as today is a busy one. As I mentioned to a friend earlier, I became increasingly of the opinion that it would not be a Pakistani bowler in recent days - less an insight or tip off than a hunch, especially when I heard the announcement would be today.

An experienced red ball bowler who has white ball experience, the signing makes a lot of sense. He will be available for nine four-day and eight Blast games.

Whether we will see him open the bowling alongside Mohammad Amir in four-day cricket is a moot point, with the latter apparently available for up to five four-day matches, as well as the Vitality Blast. A return to the old Kim Barnett rotation methods would be welcome and make a lot of sense.

More from me later

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember to add your name. Avoid personal comment at all times. Thanks!