Thursday 24 December 2020

Merry Christmas!

There is just time before the festivities and excitement start to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and the best for 2021.

If has been a challenging year for all of us. Many have lost loved ones and the changes to our lives have presented fresh challenges. 

I apologise for the comparative lack of winter blogging, but while I escapes the worst ravages of Covid-19, I have had the issue of what doctors think is 'long Covid' to deal with. It saw me off work for four months in the summer and struggling with chronic fatigue since. Writing has been more of a challenge than it ever has been, or should be, so I have been putting out what was required, when I was able to do so.

Hopefully the passing of time will aid recovery and by the time April comes around I will be more like my normal self. 

I haven't said anything up to now, but I know there are others in a similar situation and I hope it reassures you that you aren't alone. Thankfully my family are fine and we have a lovely Christmas to look forward to. I will get there too, but I just wanted to assure you that I haven't lost interest in the blog! 

Thank you all for your support in 2020 and here's to a 2021 that is full of exciting cricket and a Derbyshire side that, while young, can compete with the best.

I look forward to seeing them, hopefully in person, at various parts of the summer. 

Keep well and have a lovely Christmas and New Year! 

10 comments:

  1. Morning Peakfan, and a Happy Christmas too you. I am sorry to hear about you having long covid, that does sound awful. I hope you can make a full recovery. I had wondered why you had not been as active, my wife even commented, that she had not heard me mention that nice man from Derbyshire!!!

    I am glad she takes an interest as Santa turned up with my History of Derbyshire Cricket book yesterday. A great book it is too, so thank you for the recommendation.

    Best wishes for 2021, and get well soon, we need you back, especially for people like me who live away from the county (in my case for over 30 years!)

    Clay Cross Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mark. I just wanted to reassure people that I have not lost interest, as the output has lessened.

    I am told it may take up to 12 months, but we will see. Some sunshine and cricket watching will likely help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you pass through this long covid, Steve. It sounds like you've had a rough time. You write a fantastic blog, full of wisdom and insight. I always find something of interest in every one of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, that is very kind of you!

      I will be doing as much as I can, for sure and have a great family to help!

      Delete
  4. All the best with your recovery Peakfan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best wishes for a speedy recovery PF. The CC fixtures out, T20 & 1 Day soon, days becoming longer so all down hill hopefully towards better health for you PF, and a successful season for DCCC.
    Happy New Year to all contributors, I always look forward to reading the considered comments on here. I also read the Nottsview which is always good for a laugh at their very critical comments towards the players!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Opening Bat. Yes, plenty to look forward to and the considered comments on here are always enjoyed by me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just catching up and sorry to hear about your prolonged symptoms, Peakfan. I wish you a happy and cricket-filled 2021 and a full and rapid recovery. Thank you for all your great work on this blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil, that is, kind of you! Just over 3 months to the season..

      Delete

Please remember to add your name. Avoid personal comment at all times. Thanks!