Thursday 21 May 2020

Changes..

Most of you will have noticed that the blog has a new look today.

Sadly, the current conditions have meant that erstwhile blog sponsorship has terminated and I would like to say a huge thank you to Office Care for their support over a number of years. That support enabled the blog to flourish and ensured that I was getting something for the time put into writing it.

I have also lost a couple of linked advertisers and thanks go to them, especially to former Derbyshire cricketer Chris Taylor, whose sports business has been a great supporter in recent seasons.

Which all means that I am looking for a new sponsor or sponsors, either for the blog overall, or to be linked from it to a site of your choice. Please message me if you would like to discuss - I fully understand that these are difficult times, but I am more than happy to discuss options.

The alternative, which I will hold off from for a few weeks, is to reintroduce Google ads - being selective over content but bringing in a few pennies (literally) when the blog is read. It is far from a preferred option, as I feel it is a little intrusive, but I will see how things go.

I still don't see myself covering much current Derbyshire cricket over the course of the current summer, but will be keeping the content going, starting with the next in the series on Derbyshire legends - In My Mind's Eye.

Any ideas for articles or talking points, please drop me a message through the blog, or email me at peakfan36@yahoo.co.uk

2 comments:

  1. Hi Peakfan, thanks for keeping this blog going much appreciated from all Derbyshire supporters. I honestly can't see why the season can't begin pretty soon, Cricket must be the easiest sport to continue especially regarding the social distancing aspect. Obviously no spectators would be allowed but a game of Cricket should be able to take place. Am I way off track here, would like to hear your thoughts and other cricket fans on this matter. Cheers Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it depends on what format Mark. My concerns are can a keeper 'socially distance' from a batsman and stand up? You couldn't have three or four slips. Mid wicket chats between batsmen would be less confidential at 2 metres! Non striker would have to 'stand wide' away from the umpire, who may have to stand back from a perspiring quick.
    Complex. Not insurmountable, but things to address.
    Don't see supporters allowed, even though you could socially distance in 4 day games without too much issue...

    ReplyDelete

Please remember to add your name. Avoid personal comment at all times. Thanks!