Sunday 28 October 2018

Kirby announced so coaching team in place

As I wrote last week, Steve Kirby was duly announced as Derbyshire's assistant and bowling coach on Friday and the team that will hopefully take us forward is now in place.

A busy old week has prevented me blogging until now, but truth be told, there is little of importance at this stage.

The club appears to be doing well off the pitch, with a sell out Diwali event last night and a fireworks extravaganza coming up, though I don't expect to hear too much of playing activity in the near future.

The new coaching team will get to know each other and there may well be offers getting put together for a player or two, but these things tend to move quite slowly. Agents will want the best deal for the players they represent and will take all the time they need to find the right one.

If we don't end up with Duanne Olivier as overseas, or a Kolpak, I wouldn't be surprised to see an Aussie or New Zealander in that role, given John Wright's role in things. He will know players from that part of the world very well and will hopefully come up with something special, if required.

Before that, in all likelihood, the fixtures will be out and I can start planning my trips, like all of you, in 2019.

Back soon, as news and time permits!

2 comments:

  1. May I say how much I enjoy your blog.Until mid summer this year I lived in Crete( for 5 years!) so your blog kept me in touch . I am back in blighty now for good so will be joining Derbyshire again ..Thanks once again

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks very much, Malcolm!

    A Barlow joining Derbyshire can only be a very good thing!

    ReplyDelete

Please remember to add your name. Avoid personal comment at all times. Thanks!