Wednesday 16 January 2013

Scotland in Edinburgh

Sorry about the lateness of the blog tonight, but family commitments kept me out for most of the evening.

The big news of the day - personally - is that the game between Scotland and Derbyshire on May 26 will be played at Citylets Grange ground in Edinburgh, a familiar one to the club.

It was pretty much as I expected, to be honest. I didn't see Aberdeen as a viable option from a logistical angle, while the Scots have opted not to use Uddingston this year and instead return to Titwood in Glasgow for the second set of fixtures in the CB40.

It is a nice ground and I saw Daryll Cullinan make a delightful century for us there a good few years back, but Grange is fine. I can do it in just under an hour from my house and, with it being a Sunday fixture, don't need to take a day's leave to do so.

All things considered, it's a result. Here's to another one in due course...

More tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember to add your name. Avoid personal comment at all times. Thanks!