Sunday 23 May 2010

T20 side

The always worth reading In Morris We Trust has a section on naming your T20 side for this season. While such calls are difficult with all the injuries, here's my suggestion.

Bosman
Hughes
Rogers
Smith
Peterson
Wagg
Madsen
Park
Goddard
Needham
Groenewald/Jones

It pretty much speaks for itself but the main points would be that we have to maximise the fielding restrictions in the first five overs. If one of the big guns fails, we have the skipper to come in. Though not a natural T20 player, he's no mug. Madsen and Park can work it around from seven if things go pear shaped.

I'm not confident about our bowling, but Tim and Stef give us the best chance of economy. Given that the hardest bowling to hit is spin, I'd play RP and Jake, while Chesney could also be used. The side is long on batting as I don't think we have enough tight bowlers at present, and Peterson apart, none you would regard as a real "go to" bowler.

I'd be inclined to open with a spinner, which often causes opening batsmen problems, while rotating them and not allowing anyone to "line up" a bowler is the key to success. There are six bowlers here and another couple of options.

I think it is the best option for us and will allow the seamers to be fresh for the rest of the Championship campaign. Whether it is enough for greater success only time will tell, but based on players I am aware of being available, this would be my first choice side.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember to add your name. Avoid personal comment at all times. Thanks!