Thursday 17 December 2009

Robin Reliant

Hi everyone. Sorry I've not been around these past few days but I've been hit with the virulent flu bug that has knocked most of our part of the world, as has my son and wife, so there's been other priorities. Still not got my voice back, so its a good job that this isn't an audio blog. At present I'm somewhere between Barry White and Joe Pasquale when I open my mouth, which is pretty disconcerting!

Anyway, I've been catching up on the world game and again the Cobras in South Africa are dependent on Mr Peterson in their current match against the Lions, a strong side. 2-28 in the first innings, followed by an explosive 75 from 61 balls as he again top scored at number eight, thus allowing me to be the first to use the headline to this piece. I would think the Cobras wished he'd become an overseas player years ago in his current hot form. The Lions have reached 82-0 in their second innings, when RP has only bowled one over.

There was also a brilliant 140 from 116 balls by Chris Rogers for Victoria against South Australia the other day, but they still lost by 49 runs after Andrew McDonald, Brad Hodge, Cameron White and David Hussey were blown away for next to nothing in a chase for 340 to win in 50 overs. Buck even hit three sixes, quite unusual in itself, but again confirmed what a fine player he is.

Finally, Paul "Bradman" Borrington was run out for 91 playing for his club side in Australia last weekend, the latest in a line of fine innings by the young batsman. He will be making a big impression in good standard cricket over there, all of which augurs well for April.

That's it for now. Hopefully I'm back in full voice shortly so I can get back to some good old carol singing, or at least an Al Jolson favourite that may be heard at the T20s next year.

When Rob-Rob-Robin goes bob-bob-bobbin' along...

I'll leave it there for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember to add your name. Avoid personal comment at all times. Thanks!