Saturday, 8 August 2026

Derbyshire v Middlesex Metro Bank One Day Cup

No detailed blog tonight on the Middlesex game, as the day has passed me by and there has been no announcement on squads from either side. 

All I can say is that if Yusuf bIn Naeem doesn't get a game tomorrow, especially after scoring a brilliant 132 for Sandiacre today, I don't see any logic in selection at all. He should be told that he is playing and batting three. End of story. 

I don't think we have enough to beat Middlesex, who are deservedly top of the group and have played some very good cricket. Their likely side:

De Caires, Fernandes, Geddes, Cracknell, Hellman, Nelson, Gohar, Roland-Jones, Brookes, Cornwell, Sharma

It looks like another hot day in Derby, but I suspect that will be the highlight for most of the home support. Drink plenty of water and take your sun cream! 

I will be back tomorrow night with an assessment of the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember to add your name. Avoid personal comment at all times. Thanks!