Friday 2 December 2022

Just a thought...

While claiming no inside information, I wouldn't be at all disappointed if Mickey Arthur's choice of overseas batsman to replace Shan Masood turned out to be Abdullah Shafique.

The 23-year-old Pakistan opener looks to be really special, a generational talent. While he is batting on something akin to a road in the current Test match, his style and class are quite evident. Mind you, a Test average of 67 and first class one of over 70 is a reasonable indicator of quality.

I suspect that both he, his advisors and the PCB would see a stint in England as a very good finishing school. 

I have no doubt he will score very heavily in the years to come and will only get better.

I recall Dave mentioned him as a good option a few months back, in a blog comment. 

Nothing I have seen would dispute that assertion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember to add your name. Avoid personal comment at all times. Thanks!