Friday, 2 October 2026

Exciting news for the winter blog!

The winter months allow me a chance to recalibrate and get my breath back after a busy summer. 

I'm not sure how I ever found time to work, to be honest! Between Dad stuff, things around the house and garden, walking the dogs and days out with my wife, I can certainly fill my time without any issue at all. With books to read, music to listen to and Netflix to watch, there aren't enough hours in the day!

But I will keep the blog going over the winter. As and when there is any relevant cricket news to report, you will find my thoughts on it here. I expect to do a weekly round up, so do please keep checking in as you have been doing.

Now for some BIG news! 

Next month I will be doing an exclusive interview with popular former Derbyshire star Tony Palladino, which will probably appear in time to mark the 20th year of the blog's existence next year. I will be discussing his time with Derbyshire, life after cricket and his thoughts on the current situation at the club.

There will also be a competition giveaway of books to those who kindly contribute throughout the year. So if you would like to make a donation, either as a one off or as a regular thing, please use the donate button that shows up when viewing on a laptop or PC. You can also email me for details if you prefer to make a bank transfer and cut out PayPal.

Moving forward, next year I hope to do a monthly update on the Derbyshire women's team and I have an interview over the winter with Gareth Marshall, the senior coach of the Girl's Pathway and Assistant Coach to Derbyshire Senior Women's side.

I am also delighted to confirm an interview in the coming weeks with Daryn Smit, the Head of the Derbyshire Pathway. I am looking forward to that one immensely and finding out how they recruit and develop young players and who we should be keeping an eye on in the years ahead.

Last, but certainly not least, I will have an interview with Ben Aitchison, who will be discussing his recovery from injury, Derbyshire's and his season and his hopes for the future. 

If anyone has any questions you would like me to ask any of the above, please mail them to me at peakfan36@yahoo.co.uk

Between times, if you are missing your cricket fix, the YesPlay Pro20 Cup is on YouTube from South Africa and is well worth a watch. Many of the big names are involved and there have already been some excellent matches.

All that and at a time when you don't need to keep your eyes open with matchsticks...

See you soon! 

2 comments:

  1. Amazing news Steve - the blog is already my favourite and absolute go-to across many sports - this is only raising the bar higher - well done !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Pete, that's very kind of you!

    ReplyDelete

Please remember to add your name. Avoid personal comment at all times. Thanks!